Monday, November 26, 2007

Life is Swell

I'm beginning to realize the benefits of leaving my cush office job and moving into the service industry. Since making my way into the world of "servers", I now see that membership has its advantages.



Today is Monday.

It's about 9:40 am

I haven't showered.

I haven't shaved.

I'm still in my underwear and wife beater.



I'm sitting here thinking about what I'm typing and realizing how sloppy I am right now, however I like the fact that I don't HAVE to do these things yet.



There are a few select items on my to do list that I would like to accomplish today - go to the bank, go talk to CJ's principal (refer to post titled "Aging Gracefully" to see how I really feel about items like these). There are also a few items on my to do list that I feel I HAVE to accomplish today - call and light a fire under Gooch's graphic design company, research purchase of concession trailer.



Life is swell. I feel a lot less stress since leaving the office. I'm making more money as a server working close to the same number of hours. I consistently have customers that either request my table or ask if I am the owner - which indicates to me that I have a promising future in the restaurant industry. Home life is better now that I can spend more time with CJ and his activities and spend more QT with The Mrs. I've also had more time to focus on exercise and diet. With a 5 mile run/60 mile ride coming in 2 1/2 months, time is limited.



For now, gotta go. Time to shit, shower and shave. Gotta look good for my relaxing Monday. And if you're reading this while at work, make sure you bring it up while at the water cooler.



Peace, I'm out.

No comments: